The Best Thing To Eat For Breakfast
We often get asked what’s the best thing to have for breakfast? Well one that is high on the breakfast menu of the Melbourne Corporate Health team is mashed avocado on toast. Why?
– Together with a good quality bread like sourdough, this breakfast combo contains a Low Glycemic Index which is great for sustained energy.
– Avocado has “good” fat in it – monounsaturated and polyunsaturated – and this is great for our cholesterol and blood health.
– It will actually help us burn fat during the day.
– It can help us maintain daily concentration and focus through the regulation of our blood sugar levels.
– It helps us avoid the mid-afternoon slump and reach for the chocolate jar!
– And it’s so quick and easy to prepare…
Looking for some inspiration to spice things up a little at breakfast? Try throwing in a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Here’s a recipe to get you started:
– 1 ripe avocado
– Pinch of dried chilli flakes
– ½ small garlic clove grated
– Juice of ½ lime, juice only
– Pinch of sea salt
– Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 slice of toasted sourdough
– A few sprigs of chopped coriander
Step 1: Place the avocado in a bowl and add the chilli, garlic, lime juice, sea salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Step 2: Mash with a fork until you get to you desired chunky or smooth consistency.
Step 3: Spread on the toast and garnish with coriander leaves.
Step 4: Eat, enjoy and have an amazing day!